Welcome, Lauren!

A new arrival in the family debuted on Wednesday night. My brother and his wife had a second baby girl, named Lauren Julia. She joins her sister Lily, making the two of them a tough pair for Tom Brokaw to pronounce.

This brings the total of my nephews and nieces to nine, enough for a baseball team or the Supreme Court. My two sisters have popped out nothing but boys, seven of them all told. Lily was the first girl, the equivalent of Sandra Day O'Connor, and Lauren is the Ruth Ginsberg.

The baby was born in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, where her father, mother and grandmother all operate the bed and breakfast The Brafferton Inn (link is to the right).

Here's hoping little Lauren lives a long and happy life.



Comments

  1. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Congratulations, Uncle Brad!

    I love the name!

    I know someone with granddaughters named Julia and Olivia. I always think of Elmer Fudd saying "Owivia De Haviwand?" The Brokaw comment made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts