Culebra


I'm a big-time daydreamer. I probably spend more than half my day daydreaming, to alleviate the daily misery that is my real life. Much of that daydreaming involves living on some tropical island, with millions in the bank and nothing to do all day except lie in a hammock. A bevy of bathing beauties would be a nice addition as well.

Recently I picked up a travel magazine that featured an article on lesser-visited islands of the Caribbean. This article really spurred my island fantasy, and I think, once I win that lottery jackpot that is owed to me, I've found my spot. It is the island of Culebra, which means Snake Island.

Culebra is off the coast of Puerto Rico, which means that it is U.S. territory. As much as I disgusted with the land of my birth, I'm still not to the point where I want to leave the benefits of this great country. Culebra is not particularly potted with huge resorts, and is not a stop for the great masses of cruise passengers. It is a sleepy little island with fantastic beaches, but is only a half-hour plane ride from San Juan.

So, if I someday disappear, you might want to look for me sipping a cool drink as I sit on the patio of my villa in Culebra.

Comments

Popular Posts