Hockey Road Trips


I'm a big, big, big fan of Princeton's Women's Hockey. I've missed two home games in six years, and a few years ago even made some trips to see them on the road. The new schedule is out, and after a harried morning here at work I'm poring over it, planning the months from October to March.

This year the team will make some road trips that are eminently doable for me, especially now that this season I won't be working at the movie theater (it took a major sleight of hand for me to see all the home games last year). They open on the road at Boston College, and then Quinnipiac, which is in Connecticut. In November is the Brown-Yale trip. I've stayed in Providence (home of Brown) a few times, and the neighborhood the campus is in is really nice. Maybe this time I could find a B&B within walking distance.

A third road trip I will likely take is to upstate New York for a series against Rensselaer and Union. It's not a terribly long drive. Also, ironically, the Tigers will play a pair in Detroit this year, against Wayne State. It's tempting to arrange a trip to the homeland to get a chance to see the family, but I would have to drive, and I would have to stay in a motel.

Next year's team would be hard-pressed to be as good as last year's, considering last season they had the best record in the school's history. But it will be a good team, anchored by senior Kim Pearce, who was the MVP last year, even despite some nagging injuries.

Comments

Popular Posts