Vacation


Tomorrow I set out on a relatively brief, but much needed vacation. It involves driving to Michigan, with my sister and her boys following, so it won't be completely stress-free, but hey, I won't be at work.

After a one-night stay at my mother's inn in Gettysburg, I'll be off another several hundred miles to Dearborn, Michigan, to visit my father's side of the family. We are having an interment ceremony for my Aunt Madge, and there will be the usual socializing, which mostly consists of sitting around telling old stories that we've heard a hundred times. My grandmother, closing in on her 92nd birthday, will certainly be glad to see us all.

A trip to a Tigers' game is out, as there were no cheap seats available (the price of having a good team). Instead the big plan is to pack up the kids and take them to the movie Cars, which I would like to see as well.

So, if everything goes as planned, it should be a nice trip and I'll be back in the office next Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts