Kate Bosworth


If this blog is to truly represent who I am, then attention must be made to my adolescent fixation on starlets. One of those who is high up in my book these days is Kate Bosworth, who is now in one of the biggest films of the year, as Lois Lane in Superman Returns, which, if all goes as planned, I will be seeing this afternoon. The tepid reviews are fair warning, but Kate's presence is enough to tip the scale in favor of seeing the film.

I first noticed her when I walked into a movie theater and saw a large poster for the film Blue Crush. If my life was a movie there would have been a choir on the soundtrack, for I was stopped in my tracks upon seeing the girl in the bikini in this poster. "Who is that!" I thought, and upon learning her name I added her to my list.

Her film career has been spotty, and I can't say she's ever knocked me over with a bravura performance. She was pretty good in Win a Date With Tad Hamilton, which stiffed at the box office. She was delectable in a very small part in Rules of Attraction, a film which otherwise annoyed me. I have yet to see Beyond the Sea, in which she played Sandra Dee, which is probably just too much Kevin Spacey for me to take.

Kate, who has the unusual physical feature of having two different color eyes, was accepted at Princeton but has long deferred enrollment. It appears that college is just not one of her goals at this time, which is a shame, because it would have been nice to run into her at one of the establishments along Nassau Street, where she would have taken one look at me and ditched that drippy Orlando Bloom.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts