The Vilest Woman in America


In a Simpson’s episode, Lisa goes to the Retirement Castle for some newspapers to recycle. Grandpa tells her they don’t have newspapers there, because “they anger up the blood.” I know what Grandpa means, as who couldn’t read the comments that Ann Coulter made this week and not get incensed. I mean, I’m normally a peaceful guy, but that’s one person I would enjoy seeing pounded with a polo mallet. After reading about the firestorm her comments made I had to tune into Air America to get an antidote. I listened to Randi Rhodes, who pretty much takes the same tack as Coulter. She called her a “c-word” (I believe that stands for cunt) and a whore. Not exactly a high level of discourse.

But I think it’s prudent not to give Coulter too much publicity. She is, after all, a publicity junkie. A long time ago she decided the way to fame and fortune was to play the role of the Gorgon of the right, and she’s been successful. Loved or hated, it doesn’t matter to her. She has her niche of followers, and if they want to get hard-ons from smearing 9/11 widows who had the audacity to publicly support John Kerry, go right ahead.

The balm in this is that I don’t think too many people take Coulter seriously. She’s a sideshow act, right there with the guy who hammers nail up his nose. She does her shtick on the talk-news shows, counters any debate with psychopathic shrieking that has no factual basis, and collects her millions. She may sell a lot of books, but so do Michael Moore and Al Franken. If liberalism is a mental disorder, as she says, then half the U.S. is crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts